This is a really fantastic recipe for many reasons. Not only is it great to have up your sleeve for those days when you are tired and you need something quick and filling to eat, it is also nice to have a meal that is a little lighter and isn’t turkey during the festive season. You can easily up-scale this salad if you have lots of hungry guests but would rather spend time with them instead of stuck in the kitchen in front of a hot stove.
We have been using this recipe for quite some time now and love to change the proportions depending on what we have available and also how we feel on the day.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1kg new potatoes
- 4-6 spring onions finely chopped
- 50g melted butter
- 300g smoked trout filet
- 60g roughly chopped rocket
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the new potatoes for 15 minutes or until they can be lightly crushed with the back of a spoon
- Mix the rocket and spring onions together in a large bowl and pour over the melted butter
- Crush the new potatoes gently and add them to the bowl, stir gently until the potatoes are covered in the butter
- Roughly tear the smoked trout and add to the salad